Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thinking about defacing my temple...

So I have been discussing with some friends about getting a tattoo. I know a lot of people who have "ink" done and most of it I enjoy. I prefer intricate line work, solid black forms, and of course the most arbitrary juxtapositions of object, placement and body. Its a big commitment because if a tattoo holds a lot of significance you eventually grow desensitized to it and neglect its worth. Additionally, I feel a tattoo can orient a persons identity, swaying one into a different facet of society that may not represent them as a being but rather an image. Either way, I appreciate those who go out to get a tattoo for a joke, for aesthetics or simply to attach "permanence" to our semi-permanent vessels.

Here are some ideas I've had: (more to come)





No comments:

Post a Comment